The International Society for Stereology (ISS), founded in 1961 and incorporated
in 1963, includes members from the fields of mathematics, statistics,
biology and materials science.
The official journals of the Society are the Journal
of Microscopy and Image Analysis & Stereology
(formerly Acta Stereologica).
The International Congress for Stereology
is held every 4 years (the 11th Congress will be held in San Diego, USA
in April 2003), and the European Congress for
Stereology is also held every 4 years (the 9th Congress will be held
in Zakopane, Poland, May 10-13, 2005).
ISS also supports courses and workshops on stereology.
notice to all ISS Individual Members**
Become a member of the International Society for Stereology (ISS)
Individual Membership benefits include:
1. Issues of Image Analysis and Stereology
(formerly Acta Stereologica) (a minimum of 3 per year).
2. A significant reduction in the subscription fee to the Journal
of Microscopy from US $600 to US $125.
3. A reduction in the registration fees for the International
Congress of Stereology, and the European
Congress of Stereology and Image Analysis.
4. Student members may apply for a Hans Elias Travel Bursary to
attend ISS Congresses.
5. Student members are eligible for student prizes for presentations
at ISS Congresses.
6. Access to an email and mail-out service for ISS members.
7. A local country representative to provide information and support
regarding stereology and ISS matters.
8. Information from corporate/sustaining members regarding their
products and services.
See Individual Membership Application/Renewal
for a 2003 membership application form.